At Granite Recovery Centers, we believe that education is a valuable asset when pursuing a career or passion in life. With tuition costs increasing each year, it has become more difficult for those seeking higher education to finance their aspirations, which is why we are excited to announce the GRC Scholarship Essay Competition.
Those interested in entering are asked to write an essay on the topic below. Your essay will be judged on the quality of content, ingenuity, completeness, and adherence to the prompt topic.
The winning essay contestant will receive $1,000 to put toward their tuition fees.
Scholarship Award Details
1st Place: $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility Submission Requirements
To be eligible to partake in the scholarship contest, individuals must meet some of the following criteria:
- Be a current student pursuing a college or university degree (Associate’s, Bachelor, Master, Doctorate), or a trade certification in a technical institution
- Actively enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution
- Be 18+ on date of entry
Write your essay in response to the following prompt:
Substance abuse is a major problem in our country that is proliferating at an alarming rate, and the ongoing opioid epidemic shows there is little sign of it slowing down. As a young person, describe your experience with drug and alcohol education throughout your academic career, and explain how you think it was effective, and how it was not.
Come up with an awareness campaign to promote addiction prevention and educate about substance abuse. How would you promote the campaign on your college campus? How would you implement it in lower schools to foster education and awareness in younger students?
Essay Submission Guidelines
When submitting your essay, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Essay must be 100% original, written by you
- Final submission does not exceed 1,500 words
- Essay submission deadline: December 15, 2020
- Scholarships will be awarded for Spring 2021 semester directly to the winner’s school through the financial aid department
How to Enter:
To submit an essay for review in our scholarship contest:
- Meet all eligibility requirements
- Write an original essay response to the one the prompts
- Submit your essay entry via email (with Subject: “Scholarship Essay Submission”)
Please be sure to include your name, age, university/college institution, and preferred email.
Winners will be notified by email on December 31, 2020.
If you have any questions please contact us.
Winning essays will be featured on our website at graniterecoverycenters.com.