Fall River Addiction Treatment Resources
Fall River, a city in Bristol County, is the 10th-largest city in the state, and is home to Bristol Community College and was historically the world’s largest producer of printed cotton cloth, earning it the title of ‘Spindle City.’ Unfortunately, Fall River is no stranger to alcohol and drug use. The most popular drug used in this city, which is the 10th largest in the state of Massachusetts, is heroin. In 2019, there were 71 opioid-related fatalities, compared to 67 in 2018.
Fortunately, people here are understanding the importance of seeking treatment. In 2017, 3,532 people reported for drug and alcohol abuse treatment. Of that number, 61.4% of help-seekers were using heroin. The percentage of those looking for alcohol treatment was 22.2%. Crack and cocaine made up another 4.9%. These treatment numbers are a good sign; they show that more and more people are realizing that they need help to fight their addictions.
Why You Need Help With Drug and Alcohol Addiction
If you are an addict of drugs or alcohol, you need help. Both drugs and alcohol can cause a lot of harm to your body. Drugs can increase cancer risks, cause issues with your heart, and much more. Alcohol can cause issues with your liver, raise cancer risks, impair your brain, and more. People often just think that the main problem with drugs or alcohol is an overdose. While that is a major concern with a substance use disorder, it is not the only issue.
In addition to physical health risks, substance use disorders can cause mental problems. You may suffer from depression and anxiety as a result of using. It is not uncommon for someone with a substance use disorder to feel depressed and to even consider suicide. This is often because of the lonely feeling that comes with being addicted. For some people, the only thought they have is their next high. In fact, they may find no comfort from anything else other than having their next dose. Substance use at this state has become ingrained into their day-to-day activities. If you find yourself suffering like this, you need to seek help.
Unfortunately, many people die due to substance use disorders. They do not realize that they have used too much of the drug or that they have consumed too much alcohol. An increasingly common consequence of drug usage is death because of a laced drug. For example, heroin has been laced with fentanyl. Just a small amount of this drug can kill you almost instantly. This is why it is so important to determine that you have a problem and get treated for it. Just because you have never overdosed before does not mean you will not do so in the future. It is imperative to seek help if you are using any kind of substance.
Many drug and alcohol abusers do not seek help because they are embarrassed or ashamed. Never feel bad for seeking help for your problem. Getting help for your addiction will help you succeed in your goals of becoming sober or drug-free.
Types of Treatment in Your Area
There are many ways that substance use disorders can be treated. Some people decide to stop cold turkey and assume that they can quit on their own. However, it is a good idea to seek treatment from a professional. Professional treatment will include around-the-clock care. If you suffer from withdrawals, you will have doctors, nurses, and therapists ready to help you. Trying to treat the problem yourself will more than likely lead to relapse.
Going into a rehabilitation facility will allow you to be surrounded by people who know what you are going through. They will not look down on you. They will make sure that you do not have access to drugs and alcohol so that you are not tempted. They will work closely with you to not only address your physical health but your mental health as well. Many people have had great success by going to a rehab facility.
Choosing New Freedom Academy
There are a few different treatment centers that are near Fall River. One of the best treatment centers is the New Freedom Academy. If you prefer a rehab center that provides a smaller client size, this is the one for you. This center is only a 20-bed facility and is set up in a secluded spot.
One of the most important things with this rehab facility is holistic care. The staff at New Freedom Academy believes that treatment should address the whole person. This includes the spirit, body, and mind. The facility offers physical exercise, meditation, and yoga to reduce stress, boost endorphins, and improve your overall health.
Treatment options also include:
- Living accommodations: Living accommodations are specific to gender. You will not have to co-room with any one of the opposite gender.
- 24/7 staff: Some rehabs may not have a full staff during the day and night. This facility has a full staff around the clock to address any of your issues or needs.
- Medication-assisted treatment: Some people will need medication while going through the detox process. At New Freedom Academy, medication will be on hand if needed.
- Family recovery workshops: These family recovery workshops are geared towards helping to repair the family after a substance use problem. Many people have found that this has helped in their addiction recovery.
- Nutritious meals: The meals prepared at New Freedom Academy are prepared by a chef. They are geared towards being both healthy and delicious.
- Client-to-clinician ratio: With only 20 beds, the client-to-clinician ratio is small. You will not have to worry about not getting treatment time with the clinician.
- Educational programs: If you would like to increase your education during your stay at this rehab, you will be able to do so with some of their many workshops and educational programs.
Green Mountain Treatment Center
Another option for a rehab facility is the Green Mountain Treatment Center. This center is located in Effingham, New Hampshire. The location is amazingly beautiful, which helps to aid in the recovery process. The facility offers a broad variety of treatment options, including detox, therapy, and even aftercare. It provides both holistic therapies as well as evidence-based therapies. The staff works hard to ensure that all of the patients receive the treatment that they need the most. Granite Recovery Centers provides medical detoxification for people who do not need immediate medical intervention, are not a danger to themselves, and are capable of self-evacuation in the event of an emergency.
One of the most important things about Green Mountain is that it only hires the best and most professional people. These individuals understand that the staff plays a critical role in the rehab process. Not just anyone can do this kind of job and be successful at it. It is important that any professional that works with you during your rehab process is full of compassion. Green Mountain’s number one goal is seeing you succeed.
Treatment options offered at this facility include:
- Residential treatment: Green Mountain offers comfortable residential rooms that will help to aid in the healing process of your recovery. Comfortable rooms go a long way in helping you recover from your substance use disorder.
- Outpatient programs: If you do not want to be a residential patient, you can choose to do an intensive outpatient program. You will work closely with therapists and clinicians to ensure that you are on the right path.
- Holistic programs: There have been many studies showing the benefits of holistic care to help treat addiction problems. The use of holistic care treats the mind, body, and spirit. Doing things like yoga and meditation can greatly help your mental health. It can also help curb withdrawal symptoms.
- Medical detox: The medical detox program at Green Mountain is a great one. The people at Green Mountain know how painful and disturbing it can be to go through detox. This is why the facility has medications that will help aid in pain and symptoms during this time.
- 12-step rehab: Green Mountain offers a 12-step rehab that will walk you through the process of recovery from addiction. No matter if you are addicted to alcohol or drugs, you can benefit from the 12-step program.
- Group therapy: No one knows drug addiction like someone who has been through it. Having peers that have been through addiction can help give you support so that you can recover. You will be able to talk with each other and share your stories. You will learn how others became addicted and what triggers they may have had. You can compare your situation and learn to heal from it.
- Dual diagnosis treatment: Often, people who have issues with drug addiction, also have some sort of underlying mental issues. Green Mountain offers a program where the staff helps to screen, diagnose, and treat both mental health issues and drug or alcohol addiction. For example, if you suffer from a disorder like being bipolar and you are a drug addict, Green Mountain will be able to help you will all your symptoms and problems. You will have a better chance at recovery because of this.
If you are in the Fall River area and you are suffering from drug or alcohol abuse, please consider calling one of these rehabs. The staff at both facilities will be able to help you address your addiction issues. Addressing your addiction concerns will help you create a healthier version of you that does not have any worries about health risks or overdose. Taking that first step will make you feel better and will give you a brighter outlook on life.