Brookline Addiction Treatment Resources
Brookline, Massachusetts is an affluent town in Norfolk County and is considered a part of Greater Boston, as it borders the city’s 6 main neighborhoods. It is home to a large population of commuters who work in Boston but wish to reside outside the hustle and bustle of the city.
Whether someone you love has been diagnosed with a drug or alcohol use disorder or whether you have personally been negatively affected by drugs or alcohol, substance use disorders can be traumatic and life-changing experiences that are difficult to deal with. That’s why it’s important that either you or your loved one receives the treatment that you need in order to better your life, and to have all the information about the rehab centers near Brookline, Massachusetts.
Massachusetts is classified as one of the states within the U.S. with the most drug overdose deaths that involve opioids. To be more specific, there were 2,015 deaths related to drug overdoses involving opioids in 2019.
What Are Drug and Alcohol Use Disorders?
Drug use disorders, also known as drug addiction, are classified as disorders in which an individual is unable to control his or her impulse to use illegal drugs. The condition is known to drastically change the way a person’s brain works, and it alters a person’s behavior so that he or she can no longer control the urge to refrain from taking certain drugs.
Drug addiction can come about in a variety of different methods, but there are two main ways that someone can become addicted to drugs. The first is by consuming a certain type of medication or other drug that is highly addictive in and of itself. These substances are usually classified as Schedule I drugs by the DEA, and this category contains most opioid painkillers.
On the other hand, the second way that a person can be negatively affected by drugs and become addicted is by abusing a less-addicting drug. This is exemplified in the use of drugs not included within the Schedule I category, but they can still be addicting if too many are consumed.
Some symptoms that come along with drug use disorders include having severe urges for the drug that overcome your other emotions and desires, constantly feeling like you need more of a certain drug. You may also experience withdrawal symptoms when you try to refrain from using the drug.
Similar to drug use disorders, alcohol use disorders involve an individual not having the ability control his or her intake of alcoholic drinks. Individuals are mainly negatively affected by alcohol addictions because they become preoccupied with alcohol, and they become dependent on having to drink larger amounts of alcohol in order to get the same effect.
Some symptoms that are involved with alcohol addictions include developing a tolerance for alcohol, continuing to drink even when you have physical problems from the drinking, giving up certain social activities that you used to enjoy sober, and experiencing withdrawal symptoms when stopping your consumption of alcohol.
Why Treatment Is Vital
Obviously, seeking treatment is beneficial because it helps to eliminate the possibility of any drastic problems in the future. But there are also some other reasons why seeking rehabilitation treatment is beneficial and important for treating your substance use disorder.
In rehab, you have trained and educated professionals who are readily available to help you throughout your journey. By having people who are educated about your experiences right next to you the entire time, you may have more motivation to go through with the treatment and to finish it entirely.
Since these types of disorders negatively affect your brain function and behavior, it may not be as easy as you think to immediately recover from substance use disorders. With drug and alcohol disorders, it’s often the case that you physically cannot refrain from taking the substances. And this makes it extremely difficult to change your life for the better, especially when you’re going through withdrawal symptoms.
Having trained professionals at your side can help you feel safer throughout the process. Additionally, effective treatments are able to attend to many of your needs rather than just the substance use disorders. For instance, rehab centers are capable of providing you with all of the different types of services that you need in order to recover completely.
This may include any medical services, social services, or even vocational, psychological, and legal problems that you may have to deal with. Seeking help from rehab centers can assist you with various other problems that you may be dealing with at the same time as your drug or alcohol use disorder.
Not only that, but there is not one treatment is going to act as a universal treatment for every single individual. The types of treatment that an individual needs depends on various different factors, including the type of substance that he or she is addicted to, the length of time that he or she has been addicted to the substance, the type of assistance that he or she has previously had in the past, and the physical and mental health of each individual. Each of these factors affects the certain type of treatment that a person may need.
Because of that, seeking help from a treatment center can help you to receive the treatment that is most suitable for you, according to your health and other personal circumstances.
Different Types of Treatment
Because of the varying circumstances that each individual experiences regarding a substance use disorder, there are different types of treatments available in the industry for you to consider. This includes long-term rehabs, short-term rehabs, outpatient care, and state-funded programs. Each of these options offers different levels of treatment, so it all depends on your personal situation as to which type of treatment would be more suitable for you.
- Long-Term Rehabs: Rehabs with long-term circumstances involve patients staying at the treatment center for long periods of time, usually for more than 60 days. The treatment is merely residential, so the process involves the patient living at the center. This can be a very effective form of treatment since you essentially learn to live your life outside of drugs while constantly having direct access to the assistance that you need to improve your life. With long-term rehabs, the patients have the ability to completely remove themselves from external living situations, which is beneficial for helping the individuals learning to live without the drugs and without access to certain relationships that could’ve made it difficult to change their lifestyles. Long-term rehabs are also highly recommended because of their ability to offer additional treatment after patients have left the rehab centers. More specifically, they don’t simply treat patients during a stay and then discharge those newly clean individuals. Rather, they provide the opportunity for sober patients to keep receiving the help that they need through various services after they’ve been discharged.
- Short-Term Rehabs: Similar to long-term rehabs, short-term rehabs have the ability to provide patients with the direct access to medical health professionals as well as the means to effectively change their lives to dependent-free lifestyles. But they differ in the amount of time that a patient is able to physically reside at the center. Short-term rehabs usually offer treatment for up to 30 days or under, and they also sometimes offer the additional treatment of beneficial services for after a patient is discharged from the center. Because of the shorter stay, these short-term centers are more recommended for individuals who have less-severe disorders than others.
Regardless of how long your rehab stay is, inpatient treatment centers are usually the most recommended because of their high success rate in effectively improving individuals’ lives. Both the Green Mountain Treatment Center as well as the New Freedom Academy offer inpatient as well as outpatient treatment. This means that you have the ability to benefit from these treatment centers while still being able to receive a treatment specific to your personal circumstances.
- Outpatient Care: Different from long-term or short-term rehabs, outpatient care involves assisting affected individuals with their substance use disorders while they’re living in their own residences. Because the patients live outside of the center and are still surrounded by the same environment as they were when they were addicted to substances, outpatient care is best when given to individuals who have a minor addiction problem or who are in the final stages of their recovery. Outpatient care requires the utmost determination to change your life, and it’s largely based on the individual depending on himself or herself to create the necessary change. Outpatient care involves attending meetings, going to scheduled appointments, and participating in therapeutic addiction care options that are similar to many inpatient care facilities.
- State-Funded Programs: State-funded programs are mostly for individuals who are on a budget and who are limited in their ability to fund their treatments. Not only that, but it’s also recommended for individuals who don’t have access to health insurance since paying for treatment with no health insurance can be costly. But this also may mean that the type of treatment provided for the patients is also limited, and it may even be less effective in successfully changing the patient’s life to a non-dependent lifestyle.
Granite Recovery Centers
There are many different factors that can determine which type of treatment is best for someone, including the health of the individual receiving the treatment, the length of the treatment received by the patient, and even the specific rehab center that you go to. In addition to that, the type of health insurance you have may also drastically affect the feasibility of your treatment option.
Usually the more severe the disorder is, the longer and more extensive the treatment has to be. You should keep this in mind when you’re looking for certain centers to sign up for.
Advantages of Green Mountain Treatment Center:
- Accounts for individualized treatment plans for personalization
- Includes a medical detox facility for high-manageable withdrawal risks
- Provides 24/7 medical monitoring
- Includes 12-step meetings and workshop programs
- Located in a scenic and secluded location
Advantages of New Freedom Academy:
- Offers clinical psychotherapeutic support
- Includes holistic therapies
- Contains separate living residences for different genders
- Accounts for 24/7 on-site medical staff
- Offers a small client-to-clinician ratio
Overall, seeking treatment in order to better your life after a substance use disorder is vital for living an improved and enriched life with your loved ones. Drugs and alcohol have led and will continue to lead to major problems when they’re used, and they can even lead to death. Because of that, it’s important that you seek the treatment needed in order to live a non-dependent lifestyle.
Given the various different types of treatments available as well as the convenience of medical staff and professional staff members provided at both the Green Mountain Treatment Center and the New Freedom Academy, please consider seeking treatment at either of these facilities.