Recovery is a Journey, Not a Destination
When primary addiction treatment is complete, the risk of relapse is still present. Clients who successfully complete primary residential drug rehab find that their return to “normal” life, with all of its stressors, challenges, and temptations, can be made easier through participation in our rehab aftercare programs. Moreover, studies show that continuing care after primary treatment is hugely successful in lifelong sobriety.
The Purpose of Drug Rehab Aftercare Programs
Rehab aftercare or extended care programs provide a bridge to fully independent living, complete with structure, schedules, rules, and freedoms — so that clients can eventually transition to their new sober lives safely and soberly. Our extended care facilities, one exclusively for women and the other for men, feature a three-phase approach to treatment designed to help clients actualize their own daily design for living in sobriety.
- Phase 1: Immersion in the 12-Steps and learning how to implement a daily design for living.
- Phase 2: Learning practical life skills through daily structure and accountability that will help in building a new, purposeful life. Lessons focus on key life skills such as time and money management, continuing education, resume building, and employment counseling.
- Phase 3: Becoming increasingly exposed to and involved in the “real world” through regular employment, peer meeting management, resident mentorship, and personal sober-identity development.
Drug Rehab Extended Care Facilities
Our drug rehab aftercare programs provide apartment-style accommodations featuring shared kitchens, bathrooms, and living areas for group meetings, cable TV, scheduled activities, and educational programs. Granite Recovery Centers provides four options for Extended Care. All offer a safe and supported environment, structured schedules, case management, scheduled programs, and house rules. All activities are designed for optimal recovery support. These four programs include:
- Granite House for Men: A 63-bed facility located in Derry, N.H., serving men 18 years and older.
- Granite House for Women: A 20-bed facility located in Concord, N.H., serving women 18 years and older.
- Harmony House: A 15-bed facility located in Wakefield, NH, serving women 18 years and older.
- Freedom House: A 16-bed facility located in Effingham, NH, serving men 18 years and older.
Extended Care Schedules and Rules
Extended Care Programs at Granite Recovery Centers feature structured schedules requiring participation on a daily/weekly basis in the following:
- Case Management
- 12-Step Meetings/Step Work
- Group Therapy
- Process Groups
- Community Groups
- Goal Setting
Case Management and Clinical Services
Along with a structured 12-Step curriculum, Granite Recovery Centers provides comprehensive case management and clinical services which include:
- A dedicated case manager that works with the client and his or her family to customize the best extended care experience possible
- Intensive outpatient programming (IOP), which provides access to psychotherapy, medication management, as well as 12-Step groups, process groups, goal setting, and psycho-educational groups
Extended Care Goal Setting
Daily successes, particularly those in a recovery setting, are a product of effectively establishing goals and meeting each of them. At Granite Recovery Centers’ extended care programs, goal setting is integral to each clients’s daily schedule and treatment plan. case managers, therapists, 12-Step facilitators, and house managers working in concert to ensure that each client has the support they need to meet or exceed the recovery goals that they set for themselves.