Estimating rehab costs can be hard to pin down. On one end of the spectrum, there is a bare-bones outpatient program where you would see a doctor a few times a week. At the other end are more luxurious rehab centers with alternative therapies and homeopathic options. When selecting a residential rehab center NH residents likely think of price as a big consideration.
Factors Affecting Rehab Costs
The factors that affect the costs of rehab include:
- Type of Treatment
- Length of Program
- Amenities Offered
- Location of Facility
How to Estimate Rehab Costs
A 30-day treatment program can take a variety of different forms. There are some general ranges for the four different levels of care in order to help with estimating rehab costs.
Outpatient: In an outpatient program, you visit a center five days a week to take any medications and see a counselor. There are free programs available but you can spend about $1,000 to $10,000 for this type of program.
Intensive Outpatient: This is the next level above outpatient treatment. With this type of program, clients can still continue their normal daily schedule but will spend a few hours at the center several days per week. Programs can range between $3,500 and $11,000.
Partial Hospitalization: With this program, clients spend three days a week at a center for about five hours every day to take part in therapy, develop skills, and learn about addiction. These programs range from $7,000 to $20,000.
Inpatient: At an inpatient program, clients will be living full time at the center and have meals provided. Costs range depending on the facility. Basic programs may only cost a few thousand dollars while luxury programs can cost more than $25,000.
Additional Costs to Be Aware of When Estimating Rehab Costs
There are some additional factors that may help you estimate what 30-day rehab programs can cost.
- Admission Fees: Some centers charge an admission fee of $3,000 or more.
- Detox: Detox is usually the first step of recovery that comes before a treatment program. Detox costs can range from $300 to $800 a day. Detox takes an average of five days but the cost can go up if it’s an emergency detox.
- Pharmacotherapy: Some rehab centers will provide medications to assist during recovery and detox. If there are complications during detox, clients may also need further medical attention and medication.
- Longer Stays: Average prices are usually listed for a standard 30-day program but some people need to enter a longer program. Longer programs will have an additional cost.
- Aftercare: After treatment, it’s still important to continue with steps to maintain sobriety and rebuild a life. Many people will use free 12-step programs. There is the option for sober living housing to stay in a community focused on staying clean. Sober living environments can depend on the type of home.
Can Insurance Cover Rehab Costs?
The coverage for addiction treatment and inpatient rehab services will vary from one provider to the next and one policy to the next. Many companies do set limits on how many days of treatment can be covered and the level of treatment included. Some insurance covers part of the cost of residential treatment facilities. There are limits on facilities that accept payments through your insurance company. Medicare may cover some of the costs for inpatient rehab but you must meet certain criteria.
Is Cost Worth It?
When estimating rehab costs, it’s important to look at the whole picture. In the short term, a full rehab program can be an investment. However, without rehab, it’s likely you will have to pay even more. The cost of addiction is high. Over time, medical bills can pile up as substances take a toll on the body. It’s easy to lose income, as some jobs require drug tests for employment. There is also the cost of relationship problems that addiction can cause, including counseling costs and divorce fees. If a loved one is fighting treatment and doesn’t want to accept the benefits of it then the investment is a waste. If you are able to come out of it prepared to start a new life then it’s money well spent.
Despite the costs, fighting addiction is worth it at a quality drug rehab. Contact 855.712.7784 to get on the road to recovery.